Pages

Welcome!

I'm so glad you've stopped by! In June 2010 I left a great job to be a stay-at-home momma to my three sweeties. Join me as I explore the joys and sorrows of leaving work, staying home with the little people who matter most, as well as the trials of living on one income, marriage, life, and living by faith. I'm learning so much about myself, my husband, and my kids by writing here and I hope to continue learning to sing praises to the One who gave me this blessed life!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

No-show

In this economy . . .

In this economy . . . with millions out of work nationwide . . . .

Our first interview of the week was a no-show.

No phone call to reschedule. No email canceling his appearance. Not even breezing in late. Nope. No-show. IN THIS ECONOMY!!! Yes, I know I'm quitting my job in this economy but it's cheaper than having three kids in daycare.

But come on. Show a little backbone, dude. If you're not interested then just say so!!

I'm annoyed over this for a few reasons. And you don't care to know those reasons, but I'ma tell ya anyway:
  1. I am preggo, and easy to annoy right now. I'm just stating a fact. It's not an excuse for anything, it's just a hormonal fact of my life. More preggo = less emotionally stable. There's got to be an algorithm out there for the relationship between those two states of being. As in, early preggo--fairly easygoing. Late preggo--momzilla. You get the picture.
  2. There are people out in this city who would be climbing over each other to score this interview because they've been out of work for months. To just blow off an interview like this is just . . . just . . . lousy. Someone else who NEEDS work could have come in. Part of me hopes he shows up tomorrow thinking it was supposed to be Thursday--I want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I do. But I just can't.
  3. I am feeling an ever-increasing amount of pressure to have someone trained in by the end of next week. Not because I'm being pressured--honestly, this is self-imposed pressure--but because I just don't understand WHY they (my beloved bosses) haven't gotten their collective stuff together. I gave them 6 week's notice. 6. WEEKS. I have 8 DAYS LEFT and I'm OUT.

Once again, I am getting the uncomfortable feeling that some time next Wednesday I'm going to get a teary-eyed plea to "Just stay another month! Just a month!" Part of me wants to pre-empt any such nonsense and talk to my manager about it. Another part of me doesn't want to be pretentious and burn bridges by accident. Ugh.

~~~

Now on to the arduous task of planning the days ahead. It may be a bit strange to think that a stay-at-home-momma needs a task list or calendar, but if I don't give myself some assignments, momzilla is going to make frequent appearances. And I love my children too much to do that to them. And their father. Because I'll blame him for my 'zilla-ness. Because, well, re-read #1 above.

First on my list needs to be Bible study and prayer time. It has to be first, or I'm going to lose my perspective. God gave me this family to love and raise for HIS glory, not mine. I need to remind myself of this daily or I will start down the way-wrong path.

And now a quandary. I heard a local pastor on the radio yesterday. I'm really starting to like this program, and looked up the radio station because I wanted to send him a thank-you email for his program. Lo and behold: he pastors a church near where we're moving to. I'm interested to see this pastor in his native environment, because if what he says on the radio is what he says in his pulpit, then our dear pastor has some competition.

I love my church, my church family. Love it. But this guy was preaching the unadulterated WORD and I would really like to know more. Hmm. I'll have to bring this up with my dear darling hubby!

No comments: